HUB INSURANCE UPDATE
On-line teaching and training:
Beginning April 1, 2022 the FNB Group Fitness Leader insurance will be increased to $50.00 which includes the online teaching and basic HUB insurance fee increase.
There are guidelines laid out by HUB for teaching/training on-line . Please review these guidelines and follow the instructions to ensure your insurance is valid.
For all of your training/classes make sure that you:
- Have all of your participants complete an evidenced based health screening questionnaire such as the Par Q+.
- Have all of your participants complete a waiver and consent form.
- Take accurate attendance and keep this information available for participant tracking purposes if requested.
- Follow the Provincial guidelines for Covid-19 which includes taking all of the necessary safety precautions and screening for diseases.
LIABILITY INSURANCE for FITNESS NB CERTIFIED LEADERS
As a Fitness NB and National Fitness Leadership Alliance registered fitness leader, you are automatically eligible to receive $2 million in Commercial General Liability insurance coverage through HUB International TOS Limited . This insurance program ensures that you have adequate 3rd Party bodily injury or property damage caused by your work as a Fitness NB Fitness Leader coverage as long as you work as a group fitness leader within your Scope of Practice in your designated specialty of certification such as Choreography, Portable Equipment, Step, AquaFitness, Indoor Cycling, Yoga Fitness, Older Adult Fitness and Resistance Training. The policy also provides a $1,000 limit per person for medical expenses; these include immediate expenses such as the cost of an ambulance or immediate care of an injury. The package complements existing coverage provided by some facilities and/or additional personal liability insurance you may secure. Be aware that this coverage does not insure you, yourself, if you are injured while leading a fitness program. Also this coverage does not extend to any classes you may conduct out of your home, out of a rented space that is considered your personal studio (Note: renting a space to run a group fitness class is considered your personal studio), or outside of Canada. In these cases you will require a separate insurance policy that is attainable by application through HUB TOS or your own personal insurance company. Application for HUB Studio Package
Your commercial general liability insurance is valid up to March 31st of the current fiscal year. If your registration expires for any reason, you are no longer covered under the Fitness Leadership Canada (FLC)/ Fitness NB insurance program. If you apply for an extension, you will not be insured for the period between your registration expiration date and renewal date.
Personal Fitness Trainers (PFT) coverage:
At this time FNB does not currently have access to a group insurance plan for our certified PFTs.
Personal Training Insurance coverage is available through HUB International Insurance Brokers and can be purchased online at www.hubtos.com/fitness. If you offer on-line services, there is an additional fee, which is rated according to your purchased coverage package.
- This will take you to the page: Fitness Professionals Insurance
- Go to the bottom of the page and click the Buy Now button
- Choose CLASS 1:
- Registered Personal Trainers certified by provincial associations that are members
of the NFLA, specifically AFLCA, BCRPA, FNB, IFC, MFC, NSFA, OFC, SPRA
- NOTE: Basic fitness leaders that are members of BCRPA, FNB, MFC and NSFA already have
- Choose your coverage cost option.
- Fill in the profile.
- Note: Your current FNB membership number is your certification #.
To find out more about the Fitness NB / FLC insurance program contact:
Account Executive, Commercial Lines Division
HUB International Insurance Brokers
400 - 4350 Still Creek Drive
Burnaby, BC V5C 0G5